- Reflection for the 17th Sunday in Ordinary Time - July 25, 2021
Today, the Gospel of John tells us the story of a mighty God who can do anything. God cannot fail. In today’s Gospel passage of the feeding of the five thousand and the multiplication of the loaves and fish, we see that God blesses us abundantly […]
- Reflection for the 16th Sunday in Ordinary Time - July 18, 2021
On this Sunday, we are invited to reflect on the image of a shepherd. Jesus challenges us to renew ourselves as we minister to be more effective as his disciples.
- Fr. Ned's 56-Year African Journey
Fr. Ned Marchessault, C.S.Sp., began his Spiritan mission in Africa in 1966, and went on to spend 56 years in ministry there. Now retired, Fr. Ned has collected and shared letters from his remarkable African journey as a missionary priest.
- Reflection for the 15th Sunday in Ordinary Time - July 11, 2021
Today's Gospel reminds us that each of us like the Apostles must put our faith and trust solely on the grace of God who will supply all our needs.
- Fr. Louis Mendy Goes Home to the Lord
- Called to be Prophets and Faithful to the Truth
CYCLE B | ORDINARY TIME | WEEK 14 REFLECTION – By Fr Ugo Ikwuka Archway, London In a remote African village, adult education lessons were organised to teach illiterate elders how to express themselves in simple English […]
- Two Students at Spiritan School Receive Wilkinson Family Scholarship
SOMA is proud to announce the sponsorship of the Wilkinson Family Student Scholarship Program for the Libermann School in Kipawa, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
- Reflection for the 14th Sunday in Ordinary Time - July 4, 2021
Today’s Gospel, presents the people of Nazareth (Jesus’ hometown) as people who knew Jesus as the son of a carpenter. They were surprised and amazed to hear his great knowledge and the power of his words that moved them so powerfully.
- Reflection for the 13th Sunday in Ordinary Time - June 27, 2021
On this Sunday, the Gospel, reveals Jesus’ power and authority to heal and restore us. We are called to reflect on Jesus’ concern for us. He takes us by the hand and tells us to rise.
- Cardinal Dieudonné Nzapalainga, C.S.Sp.: Tragedies and Miracles in the Central African Republic
He is the youngest Cardinal of the Church and a Spiritan Missionary. Read this profile of a courageous missionary and the reality of a country which is still torn by violence.
English news feeds