- Pope Francis: How often do we fixate on our problems rather than bringing them to God?
Pope Francis delivers his Angelus address on June 13, 2021. / Vatican Media/CNA Vatican City, Jun 20, 2021 / 06:05 am (CNA). In his Angelus message this Sunday, Pope Francis offered a reminder that the Lord wants us to seek his presence in the trials and storms of life. “How often do we remain fixated on problems rather than going to the Lord and casting our concerns upon him?” the pope […]
- Leah Darrow: ‘Babies Do Not Kill Dreams’
Leah Darrow on EWTN Pro-Life Weekly / EWTN Washington, D.C. Newsroom, Jun 19, 2021 / 13:00 pm (CNA). Leah Darrow is calling on society to recognize the beauty of children and to challenge the notion that abortion is necessary for women’s sucess. Darrow rose to fame as a contestant on America’s Next Top Model. But at the height of her modeling career, she saw a vision from God that forever […]
- ASIA/TAIWAN - Resignation and appointment of bishop of Tainan and appointment of Apostolic Administrator
Vatican City - The Holy Father has accepted the resignation from the pastoral care of the diocese of Tainan, Taiwan, presented by Bishop John Lee Juo-Wang.At the same time the Pope appointed Bishop Bosco Lin Chi-nan, emeritus of Tainan, as Apostolic Administrator Sede vacante et ad nutum Sanctae Sedis.
- AMERICA/ARGENTINA - May the experience of the pandemic give birth to a new way of caring for immigrants and refugees
Buenos Aires - "More than a year has passed since the beginning of the global crisis caused by the Covid-19 pandemic that has affected all of humanity. More than a year has passed since the people most affected were those who find themselves in vulnerable situations, such as refugees and migrants, in particular women, children and adolescents", recalls the Episcopal Commission for Migrants and […]
- AFRICA/GUINEA BISSAU - After almost twenty years, the Catechetical Formation Center for families-catechists from the rural world reopens
Bissau - On June 15, after years of closure, the “Blessed Isidoro Bakanja” Catechetical Formation Center finally reopened its doors, with a ceremony presided over by Bishop José Lampra Cá, Apostolic Administrator of the Diocese of Bissau. Fr. Lucio Brentegani, Administrator of the diocese of Bafata, Superior of PIME in Guinea Bissau was present, as well as men and women religious, and the […]
- EUROPE/ITALY - Ignatian Year: Jesuits celebrate a special time of renewal "to put Christ at the center"
Rome - "The conversion of Saint Ignatius does not concern only the past, but also the present and the future. It is an opportunity for renewal and rediscovery of Ignatian roots. It is an opportunity to stop, take stock and put Christ back at the center. Following this spirit, we have decided to give special emphasis to the 500th anniversary of the conversion of Saint Ignatius of Loyola after his […]
- AFRICA/ETHIOPIA - An important moment for the country in an attempt at democratic, free and fair elections
Addis Ababa - On June 21, Ethiopia will hold parliamentary and regional elections and a referendum for the creation of an eleventh regional state. The vote was originally supposed to take place on June 5, but due to logistical problems the vote was postponed. "This is an important moment for Ethiopia, in an attempt at democratic, free and fair elections", local Church sources report to […]
- AMERICA/MEXICO - The murder of Friar Juan Antonio Orozco must not go unpunished, "may his death be a seed of hope"
Mexico City - "The systematic violence experienced in the Mexican national territory deriving from the activity of organized crime cannot be made invisible; as well as the little or no commitment and preparation on the part of federal, state and municipal authorities to not only protect citizenship, but also to carry out an adequate investigation to prosecute and punish this type of crime, thus […]
- Pope Francis: The humble service of a deacon tells of the greatness of God
Pope Francis meets with deacons and their families at the Vatican on June 19, 2021. / Vatican Media/CNA Vatican City, Jun 19, 2021 / 07:05 am (CNA). Pope Francis met with deacons and their families Saturday at the Vatican and encouraged them to help their parishes to recognize Jesus in the poor. “Deacons remind the Church that what Saint Thérèse discovered is true: the Church has a heart […]
- Baja California legislature inserts same-sex marriage into state constitution
Sara Valenti/Shutterstock Mexicali, Mexico, Jun 19, 2021 / 06:00 am (CNA). The Baja California legislature amended the state constitution Wednesday to include same-sex marriage, which pro-life activists have called a "grave attack against Baja California families." The Baja California legislature approved gay marriage by a vote of 18 to 4, with 1 abstention, on June 16. El Universal reported […]